Join us at the table
Whether you want to join as a new member* or renew a membership that has expired, pick the membership level that’s best for you, share your information, and join us at the table! SFA membership is a great value, and your member dollars fund our documentary work.
Information submitted here will be included in the SFA’s annual membership directory, and we’ll add you to our database with these addresses so you can receive printed mailings and e-newsletters. Please note that SFA memberships are for a term of 12 months. SFA considers our website our front porch.
Everything we do is posted, published, and shared online at www.southernfoodways.org. Stream films from our archive. Check out our oral history projects. Listen to our new Gravy podcast. Read the blog regularly, as we post multiple times each day. Follow our Twitter feed (@potlikker), like us on Facebook (Southern Foodways Alliance), and safelist [email protected]. That’s the address where all our messages will originate, and we don’t want to end up wallowing in your spam folder. (For directions to safelist on most common mail programs, click here.)
The SFA welcomes members from all over, not just the American South. If you live outside of the United States, please contact [email protected] to inquire about purchasing a membership. International memberships are billed at rates advertised, plus $20 to account for international postage fees for Gravy.
*Please note: if you have ever been a member of the SFA in the past, you should choose the renew option.
Membership Benefits and Rates
Membership benefits include:
- Advance notice of all SFA events
- Eligibility to attend Summer Symposium and October Southern Foodways Symposium (members-only functions)
- Subscription to our quarterly food journal, Gravy
- A weekly email digest with news and announcements
- Recognition in our online membership directory
- A nifty membership sticker for your car, office, or fridge
- A membership card with benefits
- Voting rights in the SFA
- Student, $50
- Individual, $75
- Household, $100 (membership for 2 individuals sharing a home address)
- Nonprofit, $200 (up to 5 individuals may be affiliated with the organization)
- Business, $500 (up to 5 individuals may be affiliated with the organization)
Membership card perks:
- 20% off full-priced merchandise at Billy Reid stores (offer not available online)
- A complimentary dessert at Butcher & Bee in Charleston
- A complimentary Pecan Old-Fashioned cocktail at Highlands Bar & Grill in Birmingham
- A gift from the kitchen at Husk in Nashville and Charleston
- A gift from the kitchen at McCrady’s in Charleston
- A complimentary order of biscuits at Olamaie in Austin
- A complimentary tour and tasting at High Wire Distilling Co. in Charleston
- Keep that card with you! Our generous partners need to peep your Potlikker credentials.
*(We accept Visa or Mastercard.)