Become A Member
Pick the membership level that’s best for you, share your information, and join us at the table! SFA membership is a great value, and your member dollars fund our documentary work.
Information submitted here will be included in the SFA’s annual membership directory, and we’ll add you to our database with these addresses so you can receive printed mailings and e-newsletters. Please note that SFA memberships expire at the end of the calendar year, on Dec. 31. When there are fewer than 6 months left in the year, memberships are extended to Dec. 31 of the following calendar year. SFA considers our website our front porch.
Everything we do is posted, published, and shared online at www.southernfoodways.org. Stream films from our archive. Check out our oral history projects. Listen to our weekly Okracasts. Read the blog regularly, as we post multiple times each day. Follow our Twitter feed (@potlikker), like us on Facebook (Southern Foodways Alliance), and safelist Southern_Foodways_Alliance@mail.vresp.com. That’s the address where all our messages will originate, and we don’t want to end up wallowing in your spam folder.
Membership Benefits and Rates
Membership benefits include:
- Advance notice of all SFA events
- Eligibility to attend Summer Symposium and October Southern Foodways Symposium (members-only functions)
- Subscription to our quarterly food journal, Gravy
- A weekly email digest with news and announcements
- Recognition in our online membership directory (coming late summer, 2014)
- A nifty membership sticker for your car, office, or fridge
- A membership card with benefits offered by Billy Reid, Holeman + Finch, and Highlands Bar & Grill
- Voting rights in the SFA
- Student, $50
- Individual, $75
- Household, $100 (membership for 2 individuals sharing a home address)
- Nonprofit/Artisan, $200 (membership for up to 5 individuals affiliated with the organization)
- Business, $500 (up to 5 individuals may be affiliated with the organization)
New in 2014! Membership card perks:
- 20% off full-priced merchandise at Billy Reid stores (offer not available online)
- A complimentary Pecan Old-Fashioned cocktail at Highlands Bar & Grill in Birmingham
- A complimentary large cornbread square at H&F Bread Co. in Atlanta
- Keep that card with you! Our generous partners need to peep your Potlikker credentials.
Join SFA or renew your membership online with your credit card.*
*(We accept Visa or Mastercard.)