Established in 1755 in Graham, North Carolina, Lindley Mills predates our republic. By the middle years of the 20th century, however, the quality of the product made here along Cane Creek had declined. In 1975, Joe Lindley began to restore the mill and begin use of organic grain.
Caroline Lindley, the tenth generation at Lindley Mills, spent her early years in a crib on the other side of the wall from a 40-horsepower motor. Caroline has worked many jobs at the mill over the years, alongside her parents, beginning as a label stamper and working her way up to director of marketing, Today, Lindley Mills uses both a stone grinder and a roller mill, blending tradition, technology, and innovation to achieve high quality and consistency.