Registration is open to all 2017 members of the SFA. Members may purchase multiple tickets to the Symposium. Buyers must confirm that their guests are also current SFA members. At the time of ticket purchase, please have your guest’s name and contact information available, as this information will be required for purchase.
Registration opens Wednesday, July 19, at Noon CT. All current SFA members will receive an email on Monday, July 17, with the link and password necessary for purchasing tickets. If you have already confirmed your membership but do not receive this message by close of business on July 17, email email@example.com or call 662-915-3368.
Tickets, priced at $685, are refundable, minus a $150 cancellation fee, if the SFA is contacted by September 1. (Each time we sell and refund tickets SFA incurs hard dollar transaction fees.) No refunds after September 1. A limited number of tickets for the symposium and the Memphis Divertissement are available for $725. To be fair to those on the waiting list, tickets may not be transferred. Please don’t ask us to make exceptions. We try our best to manage demand in an equitable way.
- Only 2017 SFA members are eligible to attend the symposium.
- Tickets are nontransferable and guest names are due at the time of purchase. Have contact info for your “plus one” before you start the transaction.
- No more than two tickets may be purchased during any one transaction.
- Tickets may not be purchased on mobile devices (due to questionnaire requirements).
- We are not able to accept registration by phone.
- Due to the nature of this event, we are unable to prepare or serve special meals for guests with dietary restrictions. Thank you for understanding.
- If you log in to Brown Paper Tickets when ticket sales begin and get a “no tickets are available” message, try again in another 1-2 minutes. It is sometimes the case that buyers release the tickets in their transaction before purchase, sending those tickets back into the general inventory. No promises, but you might get lucky.
- If tickets sell out, SFA will begin a waiting list for those interested in attending. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the number of tickets you’d like (max 2) to be placed on the list. In the interest of staff sanity, please do not request information about your exact placement on the wait list. Wednesday will be busy, and emails are time stamped for our future reference.
SFA has reserved blocks of rooms for attendees at these area hotels:
- Courtyard by Marriott | 662-638-6014
- The Graduate | 662-234-3031
- Hampton Inn West (Jackson Ave.) | 662-232-2442
- Hampton Inn East (Sisk Ave.) | 662-234-5565
- Holiday Inn Express | 662-236-2500
- Inn at Ole Miss | 662-234-2331
- Marriott TownPlace | 662-238-3522
When you purchase your symposium ticket, the questionnaire page will share a password that you may use to call and book your room. Passwords are required to reserve a room in the symposium block. Reserve a room as soon as your ticket purchase is confirmed; availability is first come, first served, and the special rates expire September 5.
Other area hotels include: