Click here to return to the symposium event page.
In 2018, SFA invites members and non-members to attend the fall symposium.SFA members may purchase tickets at the discounted price of $700; non-members may purchase tickets for $800. At the time of ticket purchase, please have your guest’s name, contact information, and member status available, as this information will be required for purchase.
Registration opens Wednesday, August 1. The link to purchase tickets is here: https://2018southernfoodwayssymposium.bpt.me Note that registration may not be accomplished on a mobile device. Members may purchase tickets beginning at 9 a.m. CT with a password emailed to them on July 30; the general public may purchase tickets beginning at 11 a.m. CT without a password.
Tickets are refundable, minus a $150 cancellation fee, if the SFA is contacted by September 3. (Each time we sell and refund tickets SFA incurs hard dollar transaction fees.) No refunds after September 3. To be fair to those on the waiting list, tickets may not be transferred. Please don’t ask us to make exceptions. We try our best to manage demand in an equitable way.
For travel planning purposes, note that the symposium begins with registration on Thursday afternoon, October 11, and concludes after dinner on Saturday night, October 13.
THE FINE PRINT
- Tickets are priced $700 for members and $800 for nonmembers. Nonmembers who register at the discounted rate will be contacted to purchase a membership.
Have contact info for your guests before you start the transaction.
Tickets are nontransferable but are refundable minus a $150 cancellation fee, if SFA is contacted by September 3. No refunds after September 3.
- No more than four tickets may be purchased during any one transaction for members; no more than two tickets per transaction for nonmembers.
- Tickets may not be purchased on mobile devices (due to questionnaire requirements).
- We are unable to accept registration by phone.
- Due to the nature of this event, we are unable to prepare or serve special meals for guests with dietary restrictions. Thank you for understanding.
- If you log in to Brown Paper Tickets when ticket sales begin and get a “no tickets are available” message, try again in another 1-2 minutes. It is sometimes the case that buyers release the tickets in their transaction before purchase, sending those tickets back into the general inventory. No promises, but you might get lucky.
- If tickets sell out, SFA will begin a waiting list for those interested in attending. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the number of tickets you’d like (max 2) to be placed on the list. In the interest of staff sanity, please do not request information about your exact placement on the wait list. Wednesday will be busy, and emails are time stamped for our future reference.
SFA has reserved blocks of rooms for attendees at these area hotels:
- Courtyard by Marriott | 662-638-6014
- The Graduate | 662-234-3031 (request to speak to the front desk at the Oxford property)
- Inn at Ole Miss | 662-234-2331
We encourage you to reserve a room as soon as your ticket purchase is confirmed; availability is first come, first served, and the special rates expire September 10.
Other area hotels include:
- Chancellor’s House | 662-371-1400
- Comfort Inn | 662-234-6000
- Days Inn | 662-234-9500
- Hampton Inn Conference Center | 662-234-5565
- Hampton Inn West (Jackson Ave.) | 662-232-2442
- Hampton Inn East (Sisk Ave.) | 662-234-5565
- Holiday Inn Express | 662-236-2500
- Marriott TownPlace | 662-238-3522
- Puddin’ Place | 662-234-1250
- Super 8 | 662-234-7013
- The 5 Twelve B&B | 662-234-8043
- The Nests BnB | 662-236-7733
- The Ravine | 662-234-4555
- Air BnB