POTLIKKER FILM FEST: BIRMINGMAN
Saturday, February 23, 2008
5-8 p.m. @ WorkPlay Soundstage
500 23rd St. South, Birmingham, AL 35233
EATS showcasing the diversity of Southern cookery, as practiced in Birmingham and beyond.
- Ham Hock-Goosed Potlikker Shots, McKinley’s Soul Food
- Scorch-Your-Tongue Catfish, Hot and Hot Fish Club
- Flattop-Fried Pimento Cheese Sandwiches, Bottle Tree Café
- Greek Chili Dog Buffet, Curated by Salt Fine Catering
- Deep South Artisanal Cheese Tray, Curated by Whole Foods
- Mable’s Coconut Cream Pie, Jim ‘N Nick’s BBQ
FILMS from Alabama native, and SFA filmmaker, Joe York, in concert with Matthew Graves.
- Chicken Stew, a portrait of community feeds in and around Florence
- Something Better than Barbecue, about Chuck’s in Opelika
- The Rise of Southern Cheese, featuring, among other makers, Belle Chevre in Elkmont
Barbecue(d) Poetry about Southern cookery and culture from Joe’s brother, Jake Adam York.
Music by the Pine Hill Haints of Huntsville, practitioners of “Alabama Ghost Country Music.”
Beer – Pet the Keg of Reverend Mudbone from our friends at Jim-n- Nick’s BBQ.