POTLIKKER FILM FEST: CHARLESTON
Wednesday, February 29, 2012
5:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Marion Square Park
On February 29 — on the eve of the Charleston Wine + Food Festival — the Southern Foodways Alliance, along with Fatback Collective members, pitched their tent in Marion Square Park.
Together, they served up honest food, hip film, good company, and porgy tosses.
Leading the way was:
- Sean Brock, Husk, Charleston, SC
- Jeremiah Langhorne, McCrady’s, Charleston, SC
- Ashley Christensen, Poole’s Diner, Raleigh, NC
- Samuel Jones, Skylight Inn, Ayden, NC
- Drew Robinson, Jim ‘N Nicks Bar-B-Q, Birmingham, AL
- Donald Link, Link Restaurant Group, New Orleans, LA
- Rodney Scott, Scott’s Barbecue, Hemingway, SC
- Stephen Stryjewski, Cochon, New Orleans, LA
Fililng the table was potlikker, perfumed with Benton’s Smoky Mountain Country Ham; Rappahannock River Oysters, bathed in barbecue sauce; Fatback Pig Project Berkshires, cooked Alabama Asado style; Border Springs Lambs, cooked Williamsburg (County) style; and other treats. There were also brown whiskey drinks, shaken to a froth by LeNell Camacho Santa Ana, mistress of cocktails for Little Donkey, straight outta Birmingham, Alabama, and Southern Craft Beers from Fullsteam Brewery. And, of course, on the screen were Joe York-directed SFA-produced films. A generous percentage of the proceeds benefited local nonprofit Charleston Chefs Feed the Need.