April 28–30, 2017 marks the 21st annual National Cornbread Festival in South Pittsburg, Tennessee, home to Lodge Manufacturing. The festival began as an effort to promote civic engagement and help local businesses. Since its inception, it has supported boy scouts, schools and daycares, built new athletic facilities, landscaped South Pittsburg streets, and donated to local theaters, churches and libraries.
The National Cornbread Festival is a weekend-long celebration of cornbread with cornbread-related activities for adults and kids. Highlights include:
- National Lodge® Cast Iron Cornbread Cook-off
- Cornbread Alley (sample various cornbread recipes)
- Live Music throughout the festival
- Arts and Crafts from area vendors
- Tours of the Lodge Cast Iron Foundry
- Cornbread 5K Race
- Tours of historic South Pittsburg
- Classic Car Cruise-In
- Cornbread Eating Contest
Find more details, including the winning cornbread recipes from each year, at the National Cornbread Festival website.