Oral History Interactive Map Project
Our Oral History Initiative captures and then maps the stories of Southerners who grow, create, serve, and consume food and drink. Use this interactive map to plan your own road trip to visit the places we've documented. You can search by project or just click on stars, and you can even click through to read the oral history of a place...Grab a napkin and go!
|Map by GreenInfo Network|
How to Plan Your Trip
- Open the trip builder and insert your starting address
(street address, city, state) in box A.
- Click on the stars to learn more about culinary destinations.
- When you've found a place that you can't miss, click "Add to itinerary."
- Add up to 15 destinations.
- When finished, click on:
- Fastest One Way Trip for a one way trip ending on the last location in the list
- Fastest Roundtrip for a roundtrip back to your first location
How to Find Locations Along Your Travel Route
- Open the trip builder and insert starting and destination points.
- Click "Preview Route" to show your route on the map and see
which restaurants are close by.
- Follow steps 2-5 above
View locations by Oral History Project
To view locations by Oral History project, click on the projects
menu and select a project from the list. The map will zoom to the project.